Rodent Control Oudtshoorn is a specialist service for the control of Rats, Mice and other small ground and tree dwelling Rodents. This involves the placing of traps, bait stations and tracking powders. Unlike other Pest and Rodent Control companies we pride ourselves in quality workmanship. We treat any infestation starting at the source rather than just treating a cause. Pest Worx are your local Rodent experts here in Oudtshoorn.
Rats, Mice, Moles and other Rodent Infestations are forever increasing. Poor hygiene, sub-par storage practice and other unhealthy practices mold the right conditions for a Rodent Infestation. Pest Worx and our Rodent Control Oudtshoorn team of experts have many years of experience with successful Rodent Control. We determine ingress points, food source and other key factors that influence infestation and activity levels. By combining knowledge and an integrated approach, we guarantee your home or workplace will stay free of Rodent activity for longer.
Rodent Control Oudtshoorn done the right way
Pest Worx prides our self on quality workmanship and an unrivaled service within Oudtshoorn and the Garden Route. This is why our Rodent Control Oudtshoorn experts do a full site analysis before each treatment. This site inspection gives us important insight to the reason for the Rodent Infestation. These are a few of some of the key points we hope to expose during an inspection.
- Ingress, this could be anything from a tiny gap under your door, a open doggy flap or a vine or tree that’s close to your house. The Rodent Control George team of experts identify and recommend corrective action. By doing this we help stop the ingress of rodents to your home or workplace.
- Harbourage is also one of those key factors that influence the success of a Rodent treatment. An excess of garden rubble or building material are all good places for Rodents to hide. By removing or limiting their harbourage, we can make your property less favorable for Pest Rodents.
- Food source and the limiting thereof is very important. The less available food Rodents have the more they will show interest in our baits. By limiting or completely removing a food source will help deter any Rodents that are used to foraging in your home or garden. Dog and Cat food as well as fallen fruit from trees are a popular meal for Rodents.
Stop the spread of disease by using the Rodent Control Oudtshoorn team of experts
Rodents such as Rats and Mice are common vectors for disease. They have the ability to spread germs and bacteria directly and indirectly. Rodents are incontinent, this means they defecate and urinate as they forage for food. Rodent urine and feces contaminate work surfaces and food cupboards spreading all sorts of nasty bacteria to all your stored goods. Here are some of the more common diseases and pathogens spread by Rats and other Rodents here in Oudtshoorn:
- The Black Plague or Bubonic plague may be a very rare disease but its deadly never the less. The Bubonic Plague otherwise referred to as the Black Death is a illness that is indirectly spread by Rodents. This is caused by a Flea Bite, when ecto-parasites such as Fleas and Ticks feed off Infected Rodents then intern infect humans.
- Leptospirosis is another deadly pathogen carried in the fecal matter and urine of Rodents. This is a potentially deadly pathogen that is commonly found in situations with a high level of Rodent presence. A secondary infection cause by Leptospirosis is referred to Weils disease. This is when organ failure and death occurs. Outbreaks are common in informal settlements and prisons or animal shelters.
- Salmonella poisoning is often referred to as food poisoning. This nasty bacteria is also spread by Rodents here in Oudtshoorn. Salmonella is also spread by Rat, Mouse and Rodent fecal matter. Salmonella poisoning is usually a result of poor hygiene and housekeeping practicing, where raw food comes in contact with a contaminated surface. Although not as serious as Leptospirosis, Salmonella poisoning can cause severe dehydration as well as diarrhea and vomiting.
Rodents in Oudtshoorn
Where are two main species of Pest Rats and two main species of Pest Mice that commonly frequent Oudtshoorn. Black Rats, Brown Rats, Field Mice and Domestic Mice are common home intruders in the Garden Route.
Rodent Control Oudtshoorn are on constant alert to the environment factors that influence Rodent populations. We are the specialist Rodent experts here in the Garden Route and can put a stop to any Rodent Infestation here in Oudtshoorn. By identifying the species of Rodent we gain insight to the infestation that aids in the effective control. Rodent Control Oudtshoorn has the following to say about Rodents in Oudtshoorn:
Rodent Control for Black Rats:
- Black Rats are frequent pests in the roofs of many residents of Oudtshoorn. The Black Rat is the smaller Rat species, this makes them more agile and avid climbers. Black Rats are a metropolitan pest, they feed on anything from bugs to garbage and even road kill. Roof Rat infestations here in Oudtshoorn are commonly found in roofs of homes and businesses.
- Black Rats also played a role of the spread of the Black plague. The mass extermination of Black Rats following the spread of the Plague caused most of the worlds populations to grow an immunity to Warfarin and many other popular Rodenticides. This resulted in the creation of multi feed and second generation anti-coagulants. These are used as safer alternative to single feed baits.
Rodent Control for Brown Rats:
- Brown Rats are the larger of the two Rat species. They are heavy set and commonly live in burrows and sewers. In many countries they are even referred to Sewer Rats or Norway Rats.
- Brown Rats although larger, can also climb trees and down pipes to gain access to a roof space. Our Rodent Control Oudtshoorn team of experts explain that Brown Rats are just as common a Pest as Cockroaches and Ants. Infestations usually only become a nuisance in winter times when Rodent burrows under ground get too cold. This forces them to set up shop in your warm insulated ceiling or cavity wall.
Rodent Control for Mice:
- House Mice or Domestic Mice are a common kitchen Pest. These Mice are tricky to control because of their diet. House Mice get all their moisture from their food rather than drinking water like some of their larger cousins. House Mice love fatty protein, this includes animal feed and an out of control Cockroach or Insect Infestation. That’s right, Mice love the taste of a fresh German Cockroach or 10. House Mice are also commonly attracted to homes and workplaces by heat and the potential for food and harbourage.
- Striped Field Mice are also Common here in Oudtshoorn. Although not usually an indoor Pest Rodent. Rodent Control Oudtshoorn report that these critters frequent bird feeders and barns. Striped Field Mice feed mainly of grains and seeds rather than fatty proteins. This could be a bit tricky when deciding on a suitable control method. Our Rodent Control Oudtshoorn experts have you covered though, we mix and create irresistible Rodent baits. These are ideal for any Rodent Infestation as long as they are well placed and safe from non target species.
How do i get rid of Rats and Mice in my house?
Rat and Mouse extermination is slightly more tricky than a box or two of Rattex. There are so many health and safety factors one has to address before attempting any extermination. The possibility of poisoning birds, snakes and even your own family is so high its always advisable to seek the help of a professional. In the mean time here are a few hints and tips to help get rid of Rats and Mice in your house.
- Make sure their access to food in limited. You can place dry foods in sealed containers, pick up fruit from fruit trees and don’t leave pet food out over night.
- Make sure your garden is well kept. Trim trees that overhang your roof and get rid of that excess rubble. This will give Rats and Mice less place to hide forcing them to move to greener pastures.
- Limit their access to your house. You can do this by plugging your down pipes with wire. Fitting your doors with brush or kick strips and filling old and unused plumbing holes.
If your remove their ingress point, limit their availability to food and water and clear potential harbourage. They will have no option but to move on somewhere else. The unfortunate part is you could still have activity stained by a neighbor or nearly field or river. Get the Rodent Control Oudtshoorn team in for a free quote and inspection.
Rodent Control Oudtshoorn are the Pest Control specialists
If your reside here in Oudtshoorn and have a problem with Rats, Mice or Rodents. Give us a call. Pest Worx Pest Control is here to help with any and all levels of structural Pest Control and Extermination. Free and no obligation quotations are provided by seasoned staff. We are friendly and full of industry knowledge on pests including Insects and Rodents here in Oudtshoorn.